Metatrader 4 (MT4) and Metatrader 5 (MT5) have been reinstated and are available for download from the Apple Appstore on 6th March 2023 following a near 6-month suspension.
Back in September 2022, the technological giant Apple removed the mobile versions of the MT4 and MT5 from the iOS App Store due to alleged non-compliance with its review guidelines. This has taken the global trading community by surprise, and led to widespread confusion and doubt among traders and brokers alike.
Owned by parent company MetaQuotes, both trading applications have dominated the industry for years. MT4 and MT5 are the global leading third-party trading platforms in Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and retail Forex trading, which has a total market share of 83.8% in the trading platform market by the end of Q2 2022, according to Finance Magnates Intelligence .
- Metatrader 4 (MT4) and Metatrader 5 (MT5) applications have returned to the Apple App Store as of 6th March 2023, after being unexpectedly removed by Apple in September 2022 for non-compliance issues.
- The parent company MetaQuotes successfully communicated with Apple to address and resolve the concerns raised, ensuring that both MT4 and MT5 are now compliant with Apple’s guidelines, allowing traders to download and update these applications once again.
- Despite the reinstatement of MT4 and MT5, Vantage offers alternative trading platforms such as Vantage WebTrader for browser-based trading, Vantage ProTrader with advanced chart analysis tools, and the highly rated Vantage App for mobile trading.
The Relisting of MT4 & MT5
“We are happy that the situation has been resolved and we managed to find an understanding with Apple.” – MetaQuotes CEO, Renat Fatkhullin
After a long-awaited 6 months, MetaQuotes released a statement on 6th March 2023 announcing the relisting of MT4 and MT5 on the iOS App Store. The software company clarified that during the lengthy relisting process, it had been in communication with Apple to provide extended explanations surrounding operational technicalities and other insights as requested .
According to MetaQuotes, previous issues have been fully resolved and both trading applications have now been reinstated and are fully compliant with Apple’s requirements. Users can now download both MT4 and MT5 applications from the Apple Appstore and receive app updates.
MetaQuotes CEO further commented,
“Our company respects the requirements of any marketplace and always strives to meet them. We feel responsible to our users and therefore we did our best to provide clarifications on the issues raised from Apple in a timely manner. I also want to thank the traders, brokers and media, who actively showed their support.”
Alternatives to Mt4 & MT5
Although both trading applications have been reinstated, it is important for traders to have alternatives prepared in case an unexpected ban occurs again in future. Here are three in-house trading platforms offered by Vantage that traders can consider:
1. Vantage WebTrader
With no downloads required, the Vantage WebTrader comes equipped with all the necessary technical tools traders may need. Traders will find it seamless to assimilate into Vantage’s WebTrader from either MT4 or MT5.
Powered by TradingView, one of the leading platforms for market analysis and for traders to carry out their own chart analysis, Vantage ProTrader offers a list of comprehensive tools for in-depth market analysis.
3. Vantage App:
Looking for an enhanced trading experience? The Vantage App is an all-encompassing trading app with an average rating of 4.85/5 stars and a total download of more than a million across both the App and Play store.
- Shome, A. (2023, March 7). MT4 and MT5 Apps Are Back on Apple’s AppStore. Financial and Business News | Finance Magnates. https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/mt4-and-mt5-apps-are-bank-on-apples-appstore/
- MetaTrader 4 & 5 Applications are back in the Apple AppStore. (n.d.). MetaQuotes – About. https://www.metatrader4.com/en/company/556